HPRA Premio Dinner Celebrates The Best Of Our Industry And Culture
Don’t miss out on this major event! Your support of the PRemios Dinner allows HPRA to continue providing scholarships to Hispanics entering the field of communications. For more information about sponsorship opportunities or tickets, please contact Stephen Chavez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 622-4698.
This year’s HPRA PRemios Dinner on Thursday, Sept. 21 at the Park Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles will offer guests a surprisingly refreshing twist to the organization’s annual scholarship dinner.
HPRA members and guests will have an opportunity to network with industry professionals in a festive, elegant setting with live music, cocktails, Latino art auction and delicious, authentic Latin cuisine.
HPRA just secured Chef Laura “Lala” Diaz to cater this year’s event. Chef LaLa is an awarding winning chef, humanitarian and Hispanic spokesperson for the 5-A-Day program, American Diabetes Association and many other organizations and author of Latin Lover Lite, the first-ever authentic guide to cooking healthy Latin favorites.
Live music by DomingoSiete, urbanized Latino classic music, and a silent art auction by Self Help Graphics featuring local artist Peter Tovar will round out this year’s event. The much-anticipated HPRA Raffle is bound to get everyone excited, as the committee is working on some great prizes this year.
The Honorees for 2006 are:
- Public Relations: Magdalena Beltran del Olmo, The California Wellness Foundation
- Journalism: Analia Sarno Riggle, KTLA-TV
- Arts & Entertainment: Carmen Zapata, Bilingual Foundation of the Arts
- Corporation of the Year: Wells Fargo Bank
HPRA Premio Awards 2005
For more than ten years, HPRA has formally recognized esteemed Hispanic communicators and responsible corporations that are contributing to the Hispanic community through their diverse hiring practices and their corporate goodwill programs.
Congratulations to our 2005 HPRA Premio Honorees!
- Public Relations/Communications: Gisselle Acevedo Franco President, HOY
- Journalism: Henry Alfaro, retired, anchor KABC
- Entertainment/Arts: Edward James Olmos & Marlene L. Dermer, Latino Film Festival Directors
- Corporation of the Year: Verizon