- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons dulce de leche or cajeta
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk (2%)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, add whole wheat flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda, stir to combine.
- Add oil, dulce de leche, egg, milk, vanilla and raisins.
- Stir thoroughly until all ingredients are combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Shape one teaspoon of dough into little balls.
- Drop balls two inches apart on aluminum sheet.
- Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Makes 24 cookies
Cooking Tips: To lower the fat in baked goods, use fruit purees, applesauce, or plain non-fat yogurt instead of oil.