Check out what Chef Lala has cooking in the kitchen on NBC Philadelphia’s The 10! Show. She demonstrates how to make some delicious fajitas so we can make them at home.
Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 Pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves*
- 4 oz. Fajitas Marinade (see below)
- 1 ½ tsp. canola oil
- 3 oz. red bell pepper, seeded, sliced lengthwise
- 3 oz. red onion, peeled, thin slice
- 1 each jalapeño, seeded, small dice
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
* also works with beef and shrimp!
- Pour Fajitas Marinade over chicken. Stir to fully coated.
- Cover, refrigerate, and allow to marinate for 2-4 hours
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over a high heat-to achieve stir-fry
- Drain excess marinade from chicken
- Add chicken to skillet, sauté for 3 minutes, until golden brown
- Add red and green bell peppers, onion, and jalapeños
- Sprinkle soy sauce over vegetables, stir constantly
- Vegetables should be cooked, but still firm
- Serve immediately
Fajitas Marinade Recipe
Use 4 oz of Chef Lala Homemade Fajitas Marinade.
Or if you prefer to make it from scratch, in a medium bowl, combine:
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lite soy sauce
- 1 medium orange, juiced
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. pepper